The error of out of memory depends on your available size of memory and the complexity of the memory allocating strategy. There are some suggestions to avoid this situation:
1. Reboot your computer and do not run any other programs except MATLAB, REST and DPARSF.
2. Enlarge your memory.
3. MATLAB Version 7.1 or above is suggested.
4. You can turn on the 3GB switch of Windows!!!
Enable the 3GB switch on Windows XP
- Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
- In the Startup and Recovery dialog box, under System startup, click Edit. The Windows boot.ini file will be opened in Microsoft® Notepad.
- Create a backup copy of the boot.ini file. Note: Boot.ini files may vary from computer to computer.
Select the following line in the boot.ini file:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
- Press Ctrl+C to copy the line and then press Ctrl+V to paste it immediately below the original line.
Note: Your text string may be different from the text string in this solution, so be sure to copy the text string from your boot.ini file, and not the text string included here.
Modify the copied line to include “ /3GB”, as shown in the following example:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect
Note: Do not overwrite any existing lines.
- Save and close the boot.ini file.
- Click OK to close each dialog box.
- Restart your computer.
- During startup, select the 3GB option. If you do not select the 3GB option, the system will default to the 2GB total memory setting.
Note: If problems occur during startup, you may need to update some of your drivers.
Enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
- At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
- Restart the computer.
Disable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
- At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
- Restart the computer.
For more information on the 3GB switch, refer to the following Microsoft MSDN article: